Deciding Which Blender to Buy:
With so many options available, how to choose the right blender for me?
Choosing the best high-powered blender for you will depend on several factors. Before you hand over your hard-earned money, ask yourself the following list of questions. Your answers to these questions can help narrow down the thousands of blender options on the market to a more manageable number.
Top 10 Questions to Ask Before Buying a Blender
1. What is my budget?
2. Will I mostly make individual servings or larger recipes?
3. How often will I use this blender?
4. Will I mind replacing an inexpensive blender in a year or so?
5. Am I willing to spend more money upfront to get a quality product that will last a long time?
6. What features are most important to me?
7. Do I want pre-programmed cycles, manual settings I can control – or a combination of both?
8. Do I only want to blend drinks or do I want to be able to make hot soups, nut butters, bread dough, and other recipes?
9. Am I loyal to a particular brand? If so, would I consider any other options?
10. Do I want to make my purchase online or off?
Instead of breezing through and answering these questions in your head, write down your thoughts on paper. Then, review your notes over a few days to make sure you haven’t forgotten anything. You’re about to make a significant investment, so don’t rush yourself through this process.
When you’re ready, head on over to Amazon.com (even if you haven’t decided to make your purchase there) and type the word “blender” into the top search bar. Look on the left side of your screen, and click on the “Countertop Blender” results. Then, use that same left side menu to refine your search.
You can choose the following filters to narrow your results:
• Blender Motor Power
• Average Customer Review
• Condition (new, refurbished or used)
• Discount or special offers
• Product seller
By using this handy filtering system, you can easily narrow a large category like “Countertop Blenders” down from a couple thousand choices to just a few options.
To find the best high-powered blender options available, select these options:
Amazon Prime (Optional)
Blender Motor Power: 1,000 watts & above (leave this unchecked if too few results are returned. Not every model with this much power is marked accordingly).
Average Customer Review: 4+
Price (enter in your budget)
If you need to narrow your results down further, select the blender capacity that best suits your needs. For example, if you want to make medium-to-large sized batches, select the 60-69 oz. option. If you don’t get enough results, go back and widen some of your search criteria by eliminating Amazon Prime, expanding your budget one bracket up or down, or adding more capacity options.
After you’ve refined your search and find several attractive options that fit your needs, you can then conduct more in-depth research on those models before you decide which one to purchase.